The holiday season is here, it’s time to make way for your family and friends. You’re scrambling to get your home in to “perfect” condition before the arrival of your guests, RELAX! This week I’m going to help ease your winter worries and give you some great tips on how to get your home to feel warm and welcoming this holiday season.
1. The kitchen is the heart of the home as some say, so make your kitchen sparkle this year! Take the time to thoroughly clean your appliances, and make sure after each use you give them a wipe down so they are easier to maintain. If you have stainless steel, this is definitely critical. We all know how quickly our stainless picks up fingerprints and smudges! Make sure your counters are clear and not cluttered; keeping the counters crumb/clutter free makes a huge difference in the appeal of your kitchen.
2. Our bathrooms are probably the most critical room in our homes. To keep your toilets sparkling, use a bleaching agent. Making sure you clean all aspects of your toilet is very important- get behind the bowl itself, surrounding floor area, and most importantly the handle. Fully wipe-down your mirrors with windex or a smiliar streak-free product from corner to corner. Cleaning in between all the tile and into the grout in the bathroom floor is a necessity. Using tilex or similar bathroom-specific cleansers in these hard to reach areas with a special tile-cleaning brush is a best practice. Don’t forget about your guests sense of smell. Having potpourri or scented air freshners is always a nice touch. It’s the little things like keeping your fixtures polished, plenty of handsoap, and your towels stocked that really makes a happy and comfortable guest!
3. Empty your trash bins often! Take 5 minutes of your morning and grab all the trash from every can in your home, this will help your home to keep smelling fresh and looking its best! A best practice for trash bins is to quickly wipe them out with a disposable wipe and/or spray the area with febreeze or something similar. Trash cans are a breeding ground for bad odor and bacteria.
4. Keep your floors in the family room/living room vacuumed, as well as any throw rugs that you may have around your home. Emptying your bags or canisters on the vacuum often as well as changing the filters often is a necessity. it ensures your familys home is as allergen-free as possible and allows for easier breathing for all!
5. Last minute cleaning- dust and vacuum your entry way to create a flawless first impression. Give your door knobs and light switches a quick wipe down! Use a vacuum extension to suck up any lint on your upholstered furniture; For leather furniture, spritz a tiny bit of furniture polish onto a rag then and wipe it down, it will give it a beautiful shine!
Able Cleaning Service is available to clean your home prior to a big holiday event if you would prefer to be stress-free. Our team of professionals will come to your home and ensure your home is presentation-ready for your party…and make all of your friends jealous!